“Dyco allows you to
Job Role and Description
Dyco is seeking highly motivated individuals for our Applications Engineering position in Bloomsburg, PA. Individuals will be responsible for using existing and developing new technologies and designs to meet the specific job requirements of our customers. Assignments are broad in scope and highly complex requiring outstanding creativity and superior problem solving. The ideal candidate will have excellent time management and prioritization skills as they will be working on multiple projects at any given time. This is a hands-on position with potential to travel to industrial facilities up to 25% of the time. Candidates should be self-driven to meet or exceed goals. Dyco is a customer focused company and applicant must have a strong desire to meet customer deadlines and company needs.
- Perform real world product testing to validate proposed concepts.
- Test bottles on conveyors for conveyance speeds, ability to incline, form arrays and more.
- Contribute to the design and development of each system and project we quote.
- Create ACAD layouts for review internally and with customers
- Calculate conveyor system accumulation capacities, system cycle times and flow rate analysis.
- Work with other departments to create plans for programming, testing, system controls and operator interaction etc.
- Create customized systems based upon customer needs and requirements.
- Thoroughly document all aspects of each individual project throughout the quoting process
- Complete quality Excel based checklists as you progress through layouts, design best practices and conduct meetings.
- Assist the Sales team with the development of customer relationships
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests
- Attend customer meetings and dinners as needed to build relationships
- Provide technical support on calls and in meetings as needed.
- Travel and participate in trade shows if needed.
- Provide technical guidance and scope development for business opportunities.
- Convey technical aspects of system designs to customers to both answer their questions as well as demonstrate Dyco capabilities.
- Work with and support the Salesman on their customer calls.
- Participate in conference calls with our Sales team and customers to provide winning solutions.
- Host interdepartmental meetings with Sales, Engineering, Production, and Installation teams to further refine scope and develop concepts to a desirable solution.
- Attend strategy meetings for complex systems
- Offer input where appropriate to enhance our proposals
- Develop BOM lists and installation plans as they create quotations.
- Select materials and components from our Excel database to “build” the system
- Quote installation and staffing plans utilizing an Excel based program.
- Develop and write technical quotations.
- Create and update Word documents outlining system speeds, accumulations, other features and benefits.
- Work with Sales team to develop quotation format, pricing strategy, and strategic presentation to the customer.
- Manage multiple projects based on time sensitivity, customer requests and company needs.
- Use quote time estimates from our “estimator” and experience, as you gain it, to build out a schedule for the completion of quotes.
- Enter orders into Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP) software for production use throughout company.
- Continually and effectively analyze, develop and improve QMS processes, procedures, flow charts, and forms.
- Bring up areas of confusion to the team
- Offer suggestions to clarify as appropriate
- Bring up areas of concern such as gaps to the applications team for review
- Make improvements as assigned by the team.
- Bring up areas of confusion to the team
- Monitor and support progress of won projects through the design, manufacturing, assembly, and installation processes.
- Review equipment on our floor to ensure it’s working as designed and sold.
- Review pictures of jobs being installed in the field, flagging any concerns.
- Drive New Product Development (NPD) and existing product improvement opportunities to maintain Dyco’s position as a leader in the market place.
- As you gain experience, discuss ideas you believe will make us a better company.
- Interested in engaging with customers and other team members
- Ability to work both independently as well as in a team in a fast paced dynamic and fluid environment
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to follow and enhance current Quality Management System processes and procedures.
- Proficiency in CAD, Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to travel up to (25%) nationally and internationally.
- Ability to work in industrial environments while maintaining proper safety protocols.
- Ability to thrive in a positive “can do” work environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 0-5 years of experience