Job Role and Description
Dyco is seeking a talented person to manage the Sales Department. Candidates should be knowledgeable and self-driven with a strong desire to meet the needs of our customers and staff. This person will manage day-to-day operations within the department by reviewing daily reports, monitoring sales opportunities in our CRM software, as well as facilitating multi-department meetings, and additional responsibilities listed below. The ideal candidate will have excellent time management and prioritization skills as this individual will be managing multiple individuals across many projects at any given time.
There will be up to 10% travel required with this position
This position is located out of our headquarters in Bloomsburg, PA.
- Manage the Sales Department
- Review Dyco quoting opportunities in CRM software, review priorities and schedule personnel to address needs in a dynamic, demanding, fast paced environment
- Ensure customer needs are being met
- Ensure work load is balanced and goals/dates are attainable
- Pull individuals together to assign & follow-up as needed
- Oversee pricing, structure and strategies for proposals
- Managing and solving problems throughout the applications and sales processes to keep quotations, orders and projects on schedule and meeting deadlines.
- Communicate and work with all departments as necessary.
- Recommend, implement, and enforce solutions, procedures, and methods to improve quality and productivity as a result of post job analysis.
- Analyze individual job focus capacities and make adjustments as necessary to meet customer needs and demands (ie, hire, overtime, cross training, etc.).
- Interview and hire quality employees.
- Conduct regular, structured employee evaluations to effectively evaluate and develop a trained staff.
- Establish, communicate, and enforce all personnel policies.
- Work with General Manager and Finance Department Manager to establish and manage annual department budget.
- Review Daily Sales Reports, provided by our Technical Salesman, each morning to flag potential concerns or problems for resolution
- Follow up with individuals as needed to resolve
- Follow up with Sales Administrator to ensure opportunities are entered the day they are received.
- Attend Operations Meeting
- Represent the Sales Department in the meeting, recording any notes or actionables assigned coming out of the meeting
- Provide other department managers with information regarding order date requests and customer needs
- Provide/answer questions on all new jobs that were entered in the system.
- Ensure resolution is brought to all assigned actionables.
- Meet with individuals to review goals, opportunities and responsibilities
- Meet with Salesman to review their priorities, such as customer follow-ups, for timely resolution.
- Meet with Salesman and Management to review opportunities and discuss strategies related to winning “real” jobs.
- Follow up with Salesman on completion of assignments coming out of these meetings.
- Collect and analyze data to identify trends and adjust strategies where appropriate
- Help identify underachieving accounts and establish strategies to help them grow.
- Help identify staffing needs to achieve goals.
- Develop and support customer relationship building with the Sales team.
- Being involved in Factory Acceptance Tests, customer lunches and dinners when appropriate to build relationships.
- Attend and Organize Department Meetings
- Manage multiple projects based on time sensitivity and available team workload capacity.
- Continually analyze and improve QMS processes, procedures, flow charts, and forms.
- Other duties as assigned
- Interested in engaging with customers and other team members as we work to win business
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Good time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills.
- A strong personality and ability to effectively manage stress.
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills.
- High level of initiative and drive.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field.
- 3-5 years of management experience preferred
Read daily report, review crm, establish policies within the department crm/quoting/other, manage applications engineers, manage technical salesman, review invoices, job profitability-CM meetings, evaluation of employees, staffing recommendations