“The variety of equipment we produce keeps each new job unique and exciting.”
Technical Sales Rep
Job Role and Description
Dyco is seeking a remote Technical Salesperson located in the Chicago, Illinois, area to join our National Sales team headquartered in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania. Individuals travel up to 50% of the time to national and North America locations within their territories. Working with both new and existing customers, the individual will promote the company’s products, tailor solutions to the customer’s needs, and develop relationships. This is a salary based, non-commission position with a bonus package. Candidates should be motivated to meet and exceed goals. Dyco is a customer-focused company and applicant must have an attitude to do whatever it takes to meet customer deadlines.
- Develop new and cultivate existing customer relationships in the plastic container handling and conveyor field
- Reach out to existing and prospective customers via phone calls and e-mails
- Meet with customers at their facilities to discuss projects and build relationships
- Meet with and entertain customers at trade shows
- Gather project scope information via phone calls, web conferences, and/or site visits as required
- Gather data such as container speeds, conveyor speeds, and available facility layout dimensions. May use sketches, pictures, conversations, etc., to gather project data and allow us to design a system
- Having used project data gathered, discuss best possible solutions and ideas with customers
- Work with the Applications team, who creates proposals and quotes for you using the information you provide, to determine quotation format, pricing strategy, and how best to present our solutions to the customer
- Review quotations for accuracy prior to sending to the customer
- Schedule and participate in conference calls to discuss quotations and solutions we presented with customers
- Gather strategic data such as budget constraints, who customer decision makers are, lead time requirements, etc., to give us the best chance of winning the project.
- Record key conversations and e-mail communications to and from customers in our CRM software
- Offer input to improve our processes, procedures, flow charts, and forms which guide you through the quoting process
- Ideas to simplify and/or improve how we do things
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects and opportunities
- Prioritize your work based on how likely a project is to be ordered, how important the project is, or by deadlines related to the project
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in team in a fast-paced, dynamic, and fluid environment.
- Excellent time management, planning, and organizational skills.
- Ability to follow and help improve current processes and procedures.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to travel (up to 50%) nationally and internationally.
- Individual should be self-motivated and detail oriented
- Able to work in industrial and manufacturing environments while maintaining proper safety protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sales, Management, Marketing, Engineering, or related discipline
- 2-5+ years of Sales or Engineering experience
- Knowledge of plastic container handling or packaging preferred.